Wednesday, April 4, 2018

MFT April Just Add Color



A new feature at My Favorite Things is Just Add Color. The Creative Team will
share projects from the recent release with the focus on color and coloring.
I want to mention that I am not a certified Copic Designer--I just like to color.

When I first saw the Toad-ally Awesome stamp set, it was love at first sight. I'm 
pretty sure I squealed, then grabbed my Copic markers and started coloring them.


I used the following Copic markers: YG01, YG03, YG09 and YG17. I started by coloring
each frog with the lightest marker, YG01, then added more shading on the lower part
of their bodies, feet, and arms. 

Finally, to give their bodies a bit of texture, I "dotted" them with the tip of a "0"
marker--the colorless blender. The hearts were colored with R08 and R29, and
highlights were added with a white Gelly roll pen.

Stay tuned--I'll be putting these critters on future projects. Thanks for stopping by
today and letting me share my coloring process with you!



2 comments: