Monday, January 15, 2018

MFT January Release Replay



It's time for My Favorite Things Release Replay when the Creative Team
shares fresh ideas and more inspiration with the latest release.

Personally, I love Release Replay because it gives me a chance to share a
project with a product that initially stumped me, and I decide to give a closer
look. Case in point, the In Paris stamp set.


I was so intimidated with the small images and some of the details seemed pretty
intricate. I knew that I'd mess it up if I used Copic markers so I decided to use Zig
markers and a waterbrush. And I did some "messy" watercoloring since the
images have a more whimsical look.


All the images were quickly colored and cut with the matching Die-namics. I colored
in a sky, grass, and road, then adhered all the images over it. The piece was
framed and finished off with the sentiment. 



Overall, I really like how this scene turned out, even though the Eiffel Tower is
way too close to the houses. But for "whimsical Paris" it's just fine.

Visit today's post over at My Favorite Things to see how the rest of the Creative
Team took on the Release Replay challenge!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene Donna~lovely watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No messy at all! Your watercoloring is so darling! Such a pretty card, Donna ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love your "messy" watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you watercolored this fun Paris scene, Donna! It's perfect for the overall "whimsical" atmosphere. And framing it so that there was an outer edge still showing gives the scene visual freedom to spread out. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Donna, thew whole scene is fabulous! 💕

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete