Friday, February 21, 2014

AEI♥U Challenge #1


Welcome to Avery Elle's inaugural AEI♥U Challenge with the theme of BIRTHDAY.
Simply make a card using at least ONE Avery Elle stamp with a birthday theme.
The prize? One lucky winner wins an Avery Elle stamp set of their choice!

You say that you don't own any Avery Elle stamps? Not a problem. Simply download
one of the free digital stamps found here and you can still play along!

Here's my card for Challenge #1.


I love a good sentiment set and CAKE AND CANDLES is definitely a must have
for birthdays. I was especially smitten with the "make a wish" sentiment which,
if you look closely, has a cool, sketchy appearance.

 
I stamped the sentiment to resemble birthday candles and got a chance to use
Avery Elle's NEW pigment inks which give excellent stamp coverage.
I used four of my favorite colors, and the candle flames were
hand drawn with Copic markers and some glittery Stickles were added.

Visit the AEI♥U Challenge Blog for more birthday inspiration from the design team,
then join us for our first challenge! You have until Sunday, March 2nd at 12:01AM PST
to upload your card here and enter as many times as you wish.

Thanks for stopping by!

AVERY ELLE PRODUCTS USED:

14 comments:

  1. Yay, Donna!! This is fantastic!! I adore that sentiment and will be using it often. You are AH-MAZING at the one-layer card, my friend . . . NO ONE does it better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this, Donna! You have made the stamps and inks SHINE like no other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful card, Donna! You always use the perfect color combos! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally brilliant! I would have never thought of using the sentiment as the candle stick!! BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a genius idea!! Good idea for a stamp!! Love the fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS Ink Colors!!! Love this Happy card.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I LOVE the colors and the sentiment as the candle is GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Donna. I'll have to download an image and enter. Would love to win some AE stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Donna - brilliant work on the "Custom" flames :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! Fun ideas & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colorful and fun card really makes me smile, Donna! Love your hand drawn flames, too...very clever and sparkly!
    I'm so glad you'll be on the new challenge team...count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it Donna!
    so colorful and fun indeed ;)
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this one, and the centralized portion of glitter in all the flames! They really sparkle and come to life! A perfect CAS card.

    ReplyDelete