Friday, July 13, 2012

fun in the SUN

CASology is a brand new challenge blog dedicated to clean and simple cards. Their first cue card is "sun". Simply take the word and interpret it as you like while keeping it CAS.


I clear embossed the word fun with my discontinued Noah Alphabet stamps from Studio Calico on some watercolor paper. I thinned out four yummy colors of distress inks (Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers) and brushed them across the word for the resist effect.


I was going to leave it as is but it looked a little naked, so I stamped the word "have" with some small peg alpha stamps and the card was done.

Have fun in the sun. Ha! And you do need the sun to make a rainbow, right?


This was the first time I used the Noah alphabet stamps, and pulled them out for Day 3's class over at Stretch Your Stamps online class. I was lucky to win a classroom seat from Lisa Carroll and I'm enjoying every session. (Note: I really did stretch my stamps on this card. I used the N for the U and vice versa. Oopsie!)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope it's sunny wherever you are and you have a fun-tastic weekend--especially if you're attending the Summer CHA!

SUPPLIES:

36 comments:

  1. the "have" is a nice touch. Love how you embossed the "fun" it is a FUN and cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super fun card! The water colouring looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I forget that we can use inks like this - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card, sweet, simple. Love it! I do like the addition of the 'have'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! I love the clean and colorful look, the watercolor adds a gorgeous fresh touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant take on the challenge, Donna! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this watercolor look and those fonts! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! So funny how you stretched your letters! Beautiful rainbow - I love that there's now a vibrant green distress ink just for this occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this, Donna! Pure CAS perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your rainbow, Donna! Perfect backdrop for your text.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty! love the distressed colors chosen. love the simplicity of it too. have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so cool, great color choices, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius again!! Such a great idea and design!! Perfect sun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, this is clean and simple perfection!!! LOVE this cheerful, simple card. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a superb CAS card Donna. Love the distress colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE your card! Speak volumes! Fabulous. I am your newest follower, would love it if you follow me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. super fun card, donna! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donna,
    I'm off to find my watercolor paper. This is a marvelous card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a brilliant idea! Love the watercolours. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! A beautiful CAS!!! Love the rainbow and the simple words! GREAT interpretation of this week's cue word! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the textured card and the sweet little rainbow, Donna! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. DONNA----I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! So beautiful! Great colors and technique! CLEVER! AMAZING! LOVE it:)

    ps--I'm really behind in my blog reader (over 2100!!). I'm stalking you still, I just haven't had a chance to leave a comment:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card!! So Sad I did not sign up this time...too much going on....xoxoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. the way you have done this looks so refreshing. I how the card is textured too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love love love......! Classic Clean and Simple...a truly fabulous card. I LOVE your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE it! Can't wait to do this with a bunch of different words & colors!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love It!! Great rainbow effect!! So simple but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. you are amazing, Donna! absolutely fabulous card! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. how did I miss this beauty??? Love it! especially the splashes of color looks easy...I know better

    ReplyDelete