Tuesday, April 17, 2012

oh happy day!

Today is the day! Stacey Yacula's The Sweetest Day! stamps are now being sold here in the Purple Onion Designs store! To celebrate, I'm sharing a card with the toadstool and Tucker the snail.


I wanted to give my Copics a break and try some watercoloring, so I grabbed a bunch of Memento Dew Drop pads and used an acrylic block as my palette. I used my waterpens and with a few swishes, the images were colored.


I stamped the sentiment using a Stamp-a-Ma-Jig for perfect placement. The stamped piece was trimmed and mounted on a larger card base, and tied with some sheer brown ribbon. Doesn't Tucker look happy on that toadstool?

Be sure to visit Michele's blog to see if you were one of the giveaway winners, and for even more inspiration using Stacey's stamps.

I hope you've enjoyed the previews of The Sweetest Day! and I'm sure you'll enjoy using Stacey's whimsical designs on your cards and layouts. Happy shopping!

SUPPLIES:


23 comments:

  1. I clapped my hands and laughed out load when I saw this one Donna - totally gorgeous! This new set is one of the best yet and your cards showcase the adorable images to perfection, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. Tucker is so cute up there and the shading is divine. I am one of the lucky winner and I can't wait to get these adorable critters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Tucker looks so adorable sittin' way up there! Darling card, Donna - love your wonderful water coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Donna. :-) I love your watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super adorable!! how sweet is Tucker atop of the beautifully colored toadstool! have a great day Donna! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, what adorable images and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, Donna. I'm heading on over there to buy some of these sweet stamps. Especially the snail and toadstool, awwww

    ReplyDelete
  8. These images are the cutest! I feel compelled to purchase some of these...or all of them! Ha Ha
    Hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing watercoloring, Donna! super simple and cute! love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, perfect card! This is just amazing, Donna. I love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your water coloring is as exquisite as your Copic coloring, as your pencil coloring, etc!! Love this combination!! I placed my order this morning and these adorable stamps are on their way!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! I just Adore these images and your card Rocks!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute card! Love that gorgeous mushroom and your colouring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so super cute Donna. Lovely colouring

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your watercoloring skills are phenomenal Donna! This is the sweetest card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a fun way to color images!! LOVE this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so nice Donna! Love your colouring!

    Louise C.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE your card Donna, my jaw has hit the ground, too beautiful..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, this is awesome Donna--lovelovelove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OHHH MY! Donna--You have blown me away with your talent and creativity! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! Love the white space and your coloring! BEAUTIFULLY done:)

    ReplyDelete